Media5 Mediatrix 4100 Series
The VoIP Gateway for fax, modem and analog phones
The Mediatrix 4100 Series provides a solution for the transparent integration of faxes, modems, point of sales and analog phones to IP Communication Systems. The 4100 Series are available in 2, 4, 8, 16 and 24 FXS ports designed to meet the varied application requirements of Service Providers.
The Mediatrix® 4100 Series VoIP adaptors are high-quality, cost efficient VoIP gateways connecting small to large branch offices and multi-tenant buildings to an IP network, while preserving existing investments in analog telephones and faxes.
he Mediatrix® 4100 Series allow Service Providers to deploy rapidly and economically their solutions in medium-size enterprises as well as being the ideal solution for branch office connectivity to larger private networks.
The Mediatrix 4100 Series has the additional benefit of supporting high compression codec’s simultaneously on each analog voice ports, saving valuable bandwidth. The Mediatrix 4100 Series also offers features such as TLS, SRTP, certificates management, and HTTPS designed to bring enhanced security for the network management, SIP signaling and media transmission aspects.
In addition, an intelligent PSTN bypass allows Mediatrix 4100 users to make emergency calls and maintain their phone service in the event of a power outage or network failure.
The 4100 Series also provides web interface, giving users a convenient access to the unit for initial set-up. The devices can also auto-provision by fetching their encrypted configuration from a TFTP or HTTP server making installation secure and transparent to the end-users. To further facilitate deployments, factory loaded configurations are possible.
Interoperable with equipment from leading industry vendors, major savings in long-distance and PSTN access fees, re-use of existing infrastructure such as analog phones and faxes, simplified wiring = savings in ADDS/MOVES/CHANGES, compliancy to current legacy standards increases compatibility with actual PBX or key systems, access to essential PSTN emergency calls capabilities even during power outages.
2 FXS ports.
3.1cm x 12.7cm x 9.9cm – 170g
Power consumption: 12Vdc, 240mA.
4 FXS ports.
4.9cm x 22.0cm x 17.6cm – 545g
Power consumption: 12Vdc, 0.5A.
8 FXS ports.
4.4cm x 43cm x 21cm - 1.7kg
Power consumption: 240Vac 20W 42VA
16 FXS ports
4.4cm x 43cm x 21cm - 1.7kg
Power consumption: 240Vac 34W 66VA
24 FXS ports
4.4cm x 43cm x 21cm - 1.7kg
Power consumption: 240Vac 43W 86VA
- Carrier-grade voice quality, Fax over IP support, including T.38, PSTN bypass (emergency calls), PSTN bypass available on models 4104/4108/4116/4124, Up to 24 simultaneous calls, Local 3 Party-Conference support using G.729 or G.711, Modem over IP support.
Ease of configuration and management
- SNMP and Web management, customized factory configuration and auto-provisioning with TR-069, FTP, TFTP, HTTP & HTTPS support for massive deployments.
- Support for SNMPv3, Encrypted configuration files, HTTP Digest authentication, secure signaling with SIP over TLS and media transmission with SRTP using MIKEY or SDES key management methods.
- QoS features support, NAPT, Stateful inspection Firewall, DHCP client / server, STUN Client, VLAN tagging and VLAN tagging substitution support.
Mediatrix SDK (Software Development Kit)
- Enables developers and content authors to create rich, integrated VoIP applications for their specific requirements, Available for download free of charge at
IP Telephony Protocol
- SIP – RFC3261, MGCP/NCS. Multiple SIP Proxy support via DNS SRV, Multiple registrations, SIP over TLS, TCP and UDP. Seamless fallback across redundant servers. Multipple Virtual gateways, PRACK and UPDATE.
- Vocoders: G.711 (A-law, μ-law), G.723.1,G.726, G.729a/b, G.168 echo cancellation (64ms), DTMF detection and generation, Carrier tone detection and generation, Silence detection / suppression and Comfort Noise Generation level software adjustable, Configurable dejitter buffer, Configurable tones (dial, ringing, busy), Configurable transmit packet length, RTP/RTCP - RFC 1889, RFC 1890, RFC 2833, RFC 3389.
- Compliant with multiple enhanced security protocols offering a rich feature set including: SIP over TLS, SRTP with MIKEY key management protocol (RFC 3830 and 4567) and SDES key management protocol (RFC 4568), X.509 Certificate management. HTTPS for the exchange of Configuration File and web pages, SNMPv3 and TR-069 management protocols. Supported Aunthentication: SHA1, MD5. Supported Key Exchange Mechanism: RSA, Diffie-Hellman., Supported Cyphers:AES (128 and 256 bits), 3DES (168 bits), DES (56 bits), Blowfish (448 bits).
Fax and Modem Support
- Group 3/Super G3 Fax real-time FoIP over clear channel (G.711), G.726 or T.38 Fax relay (9.6 k, 14.4 k), MODEM tone detection and pass-through over G.711 and G.726.
Enhanced Telephony Features
- Call Forward / Call Transfer / Conference Call / Call Waiting support, Inter-digit timer and IP dialing, Echo Cancellation / Dynamic Jitter Buffer / Voice Activity Detection / Silence Suppression, Message Waiting Indication via FSK, Flash hook event signaling, Caller ID Generation (Name & Number) as per Bellcore DTMF or FSK, CCNR / CCBS.
- Local switching, Interface hunt groups, Routing Criteria (Interface, Calling/called party number, Time of day, day of week, date, ISDN bearer capability), Number manipulation functions: (Replace numbers, Add/remove digits, PLAR), Call properties manipulations, SIP header manipulations.
- Web-based GUI, FTP, TFTP, HTTP/HTTPS configuration up- and download (Auto-provisioning), FTP, TFTP, HTTP/HTTPS firmware upgrade, SNMPv1, v2 and v3 agent (MIB II and private MIB), TR-069 for massive deployments (optional feature available at purchase time), TELNET, SSH.
QoS, IP Routing, NAT and Firewall
- TOS/DiffServ, IEEE 802.1p/Q, Classification & traffic shaping. NAPT/ Firewall, Statefull inspection, Static routes, Source-based routing, IP filtering and Port forwarding, DHCP Client, DHCP Server, PPPoE client, VLAN support.
- Mediatrix 4124: 1 x RJ-21X TELCO 25 pairs connector, analog phone/fax (FXS) interface, Mediatrix 4116: 16 x RJ-11 connectors, analog phone/fax (FXS) interfaces, Mediatrix 4108: 8 x RJ-11 connectors, analog phone/fax (FXS) interfaces, Mediatrix 4104: 4 x RJ-11 connectors, analog phone/fax (FXS) interfaces, Mediatrix 4102: 2 x RJ-11 connectors.
- 1 x 10/100 Base T Ethernet RJ-45 connector.
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 40°C, Storage temperature: -20°C to 70°C, Humidity: up to 85%, non-condensing.
- Mediatrix 4108: (Idle Mode: (120Vac, 18W 27VA) , (240Vac 20W 42VA)), Mediatrix 4116: (Idle Mode: (120Vac, 30W 44VA) , (240Vac 34W 66VA)), Mediatrix 4124: (Idle Mode: (120Vac, 43W 65VA) , (240Vac 43W 86VA)).
- AC: Standard power cord receptacle (IEC 320-C14) for universal AC input internal SMPS.
- Depending on model, please view according spec sheet.